March 23, 2005

spring break 2005

I had an awesome time this spring break, mostly because I went out and actually took a break, instead of studying.
I'll really cherish those joyful moments and I respect all the personal sacrifices that were made to make this trip so positive. Below is a quick summary of the events on each day.
3/12/05, Sat. We woke up at 6am. Steph and Deb made us breakfast and it was delicious. We finally headed out at 8:15 or so and nearly missed our 9:05am plane!
At 12pm we headed to a dim sum buffet which was very excellent and had some boba tea dessert. Afterwards, we settled down, I was staying at Anson's parents house with Anson, Bin and Alvin. Park stayed at Fred's house in Garland. For dinner, Anson's sister Winjie and her husband Darrell treated us to Simon's Sushi, which turned out to be really excellent sushi. Probably the best I've ever had.
3/13/05, Sun. Today was more relaxing. We went to Fred's driving range and hit a lot of balls. I got a call from my good friend Dave, and we chatted a while. It turns out that I picked up golf very quickly. I remember going golfing with some friends of mine in high school. Both of them were on the high school golf team and I wasn't. Needless to say, it wasn't very fun. I don't really remember what we had for dinner this night. At night we went bowling and shot some pool. That was a lot of fun. I had a conference call later that night about learning different apartment markets, and I fell asleep halfway through it.
3/14/05 Mon. Today was going to Six Flags. This was definitely one of the highlights of the trip. We went on the Texas Giant and Titan, and Superman many times. For lunch we went out of the park to Sonics, where I had a hot dog, and a Sonic burger. Those burgers were delicious. I then blew some money on the crooked carnival games, which I pretty much never do, but I wanted to try out some of the games. The pool stick was flat at the top, making it very hard to hit the balls straight. The most memorable time was probably when we all decided to do 'shocker' shots during the entire ride of the Texas Titan.
For dinner we went to On the Border, where they gave me a Strawberry Daiquiri with only 1 shot of vodka in the entire pint. I was very disappointed and told them to give me a Corona.
The rest of the days are kind of a blur now. I remember going to the DMA, eating at bob's steakhouse, eating at tasty wok, going to NBA basketball game, going karaoking until 4am, and
going to the shooting range.
This is one of those times I will always remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home