January 28, 2007

blogs on software

I've been hardpressed to find any software blogs that aren't in their start up phases.  
I'm looking for blogs with some history.   In Google terms, I'm looking for authoritative sources of
useful information on best practices of software design.  

My intent is to be able to learn the right way of doing things, and practicing these skills on my internet website project until they become an inate way of life.  
I have located two sources of information.

One is by a guy that's been in software since 1998.  Joel is the owner of a software consulting company located in NYC.  Even through the net bubble, and the mass outsourcing going on, 
Joel seems to be plugging along quite nicely.  

Another source is the book, Getting Real.  It's more about keeping light, building limited software quickly, and involving your target market from the get go.  It's a design philosophy that basically states that any problem can be solved on budget and on time if you properly phrase the problem.  It's basically keep swinging at every pitch, and you'll hit the ball some of the time.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home