March 31, 2005

praise > criticize

I was reading through Dale Carnegie's book again about how to win friends and influence people.
It's kind of funny that I've done a 180 turn from what the book recommends to do.
I was good earlier at praising people in freshman and sophomore year, but in junior and senior of college, I started slipping back to chastising instead of praising. I'm going to work on this trait, and change it for the better.
My drive is to become a better person, lead and manage people better, and accomplish something great and important by praising people's strengths instead of focusing on weaknesses. By praising people, they can do more for me and I can accomplish more. I can also feel a lot better by making people happy and realize their own strengths that they might not have known about before. I will acknowledge good work when it's done, and encourage self actualization from everyone around me.
John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home